I met with my running partner this morning who was excited to show me a photo of her Easter party vegetable tray! She had seen this idea in an issue of Reader’s Digest, and decided to put it together. She said it was easy and the kids loved it!
We also replicated this bread bunny Easter tray. We took 1 loaf of whole wheat bread dough (the kind you buy in the freezer section). But you can also make your own bread dough.
After the dough has risen once, we sectioned it off. We had
- 1 oval piece, for the body (just bigger than a baseball, and then pulled into an oval)
- 1 “pear shaped” piece for the head. (about the size of a tennis ball)
- 2 small balls (golf ball size) that you stretch out into a rope, and fold over onto itself for the ears.
- 2 very small balls for the arms.
- 2 small balls for the feet.
- 2 VERY SMALL balls for the cheeks.
- 1 teeny tiny ball for the nose.
- 1 slivered amond for a tooth.
- 2 raisins (or dried cranberries) for eyes.
Once cooked, we hollowed out the tummy (and ate if of course)
Then, we filled the tummy with dip!
Need more meal ideas? Want more fruits and veggies every day? For new meal plans each week, check out our member site here!
For the dip: RECIPE BELOW