I was trying to make a nut butter-chocolate spread. I started with some almonds, cocoa powder, honey and a little salt. What I got was more like a thick dough, and it actually looked like meat! That’s when I decided a little “meat patty” might be more fun than a chocolate spread. So, that’s what we did. These little ‘one bite burgers’ pack some nutrients that turn this sweet little snack into a nutrition powerhouse!
- The cocoa is full of heart healthy flavanoids, and may even help improve memory!
- The bananas are high in fiber, vitamin B, and potassium
- The apple skins have 6 times the nutrients as the flesh!
Chocolate Banana Burgers and Cinnamon Fries Recipe
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 TBL cocoa powder
- 2 TBL honey
- dash of salt
- 1 banana
- Apple peels
- Place almonds, cocoa powder, honey, and salt in a high powered blender or food processor. Pulse until you have a paste.
- Slice bananas and peel apple.
- Assemble your burger with one slice banana, cocoa patty, apple peel, and another banana.
To turn the chocolate patties into a chocolate spread, you can add some oil. 1-3 TBL of oil, until it becomes spreadable.
The cinnamon fries were easy enough. We’ve done it before on this post.
- Slice apples into sticks
- Shake cinnamon onto apples.
- Store in a bag in the fridge until you are ready to eat them (the longer the better!)
So, have fun with these!!