Cheesy Veggie Quinoa Cakes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cool)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 + 1/3 cup raw broccoli, chopped very small
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped very small
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, warm olive oil, then add onions, broccoli, and carrots. Saute until bright and translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then fold in the cheese, cooked quinoa, and veggies. Add more salt to taste.
- Pack the mixture into a quarter cup measuring cup, then knock the cakes onto a greased cookie sheet, spaced evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, then flip, and bake 5-8 minutes more.
- Cool slightly and serve.
FIND MORE RECIPES AT SUPERHEALTHYKIDS.COM